How To Mirror Flip PowerPoint Slides
Mirror flipping PowerPoint slides is easy…IF you know how. In this guide, I’m going to take you through several simple techniques to mirror flip your slides without manually editing each one.
This guide will make it super simple to deliver your speech or presentation in PowerPoint using a teleprompter or beamsplitter glass.
List Of Techniques
- Flip Your PowerPoint slides using a converter box. Simply plug your laptop or iPad (with adapter) into a HDMI MirrorBox and it will flip your signal automatically.
- Use a Samsung TV and enter the service menu to turn on mirror flipping. Make sure you’re using a Samsung model 5300 or above. To enter the service menu, turn off your TV and press the following buttons on a standard remote: Mute + 182 + power to turn it back on. When it loads, you’ll see the service menu–just change the H Flip option. Turn your TV back off and on again, and it will be in mirror mode. The most popular Samsung models that support this are the N5300 (1080p) and Q50R (ultra thin, 4k).
- A lot of people ask, “if I plug my laptop or tablet into the screen can it mirror film it?” Yes, provided it’s specifically a Samsung TV (model N5300 or above). You can also plug Android and iPad tablets into a TV screen through the USB-C or lightning port using an HDMI to USB-C cord.
- Ironically, it’s easier to flip PowerPoint on a Mac or MacBook laptop than on a PC. The mirror flip function is supported within MacOS, but you’ll need a program to unlock this feature. We developed a simple utility for MacOS, so if you’re using a Mac, you can mirror flip your screen using our Mac Mirror Flip Utility
- Connect your Mac using the app Air Display. This handy app allows you to project your Mac onto an iPad and also supports built-in mirror flipping.
- If you’re running Linux, it has the mirror flip mode built into the OS. The following commands enable various mirror flip options:
xrandr –output –reflect-x
export DISPLAY=:0.0 && xrandr –output $a –reflect x
xrandr -x (will flip de video horizontally like a mirror.)
xrandr -y (will flop de video vertically.)
xrandr -y -x (will both flip and flop (= invert).)
xrandr -o (inverted will…invert O.o)
xrandr -o (normal will return to normal the video)
- Use the PPT Mirror software program (which costs $100), and is available from: https://www.ppt-mirror.com/
- Use UltraMon software to mirror flip your PC or Mac. It costs $40 but they offer a free 30 day demo so you can try it out first.
- Flip your display using a First Surface Mirror, then bounce it off a
- Transform your video in VLC player using Video Effects > Geometry > Transform. Note you’ll have to record your powerpoint into a video file, such as .mp4 format, before you can use VLC to play it. Need it on the go? Simply upload it to your YouTube as a private video and you can conveniently play it back on any device.
In conclusion, the best way to flip slides quickly is by running Mac or Linux, or use hardware such as an HDMI MirrorBox or Samsung TV. Questions or suggestions? Write us at email@example.com
Looking to deliver your PowerPoint presentations more easily, or record it to video? Check out our Presidential Teleprompter which makes it simple. On a budget? You can simply use a Nikon 7070 mount and order a piece of beamsplitter glass.
Additional Video Resources
Learn how to mirror flip PowerPoint slides using an HDMI MirrorBox.
Learn how to mirror flip PowerPoint slides using a Samsung TV as your monitor.