Best Windows Teleprompter Software [For 2023]
We’ve put together a list of the very best Windows teleprompter apps so you don’t have to waste time sifting through old, poor-quality software.
Table of Contents
- Online Teleprompter (Voice Activated, Free)
- Teleprompter Pro ($8.99, Free Trial)
- Imaginary Teleprompter (Free, Download)
- Cue Prompter (Free, Online)
- PromptDog ($67, Free Trial)
- EasyPrompter ($10/month, Free Option)
- QuickPrompt (Free)
- PromptSmart ($60, Free Trial)
Online Teleprompter (Free, Voice Activated)
Teleprompter Mirror developed software that works online and can also be downloaded for Windows and Mac. Not only is it completely free, with no ads or trial periods, it also works better than most paid software. Simply copy/paste your script in and it moves on its own. Here’s a few of the cool features:
- You can use it online, which is especially useful if you’re planning to use the voice tracking (auto scrolling). Alternatively, you can download the software to your laptop.
- To import a script, simply copy and paste your text into the text area. Alternatively, you can load text files using the load button at the top. You can save your scripts using the save button at the top.
- You can mirror flip your text using the “flip text” button at the top. You can then read it off your teleprompter.
- You can also use the restart button if you want to start the script over. If you want to spice it up, you can also add colors to your text to highlight on important topics.
- You can change your font size and scroll speed to a size that’s comfortable to read on your device.
- Using the Microphone icon in the upper right, you can switch to voice activated scrolling. Note that this is designed to work using the Google Chrome browser and on Windows and Mac operating systems. White it doesn’t work on iPad, there are plenty of iPad apps in the app store that offer that feature.
PromptSmart Studio Edition (7 day trial, $5.99 / month, Voice Activated)
With the Studio Edition of PromptSmart you can:
|1.||Push scripts to external windows (up to 180 pt font)|
|2.||Maximize the window to fit your display|
|3.||Mirror the display for use with a teleprompter rig|
|4.||View prompter content from your computer in a 1-1 preview window|
|5.||Control the script flow with the keyboard|
|6.||Map longer scripts with cue points to quickly navigate in presentation mode|
|7.||Create rundowns that automatically re-populate your pre-created segments|
|8.||Interrupt live broadcasts with breaking news or urgent updates|
ALSO INCLUDED IN THE STUDIO BUNDLE
Your purchase of PromptSmart Studio entitles you to download the app onto your PCs, Macs, and Linux machines and it also will activate an Extended subscription in our mobile apps (both iOS and Android). All you will need to do is log into the Pro application on your iOS or Android device and your bundled Extended subscription will be enabled in our mobile teleprompter applications as well — a $34.99/yr value!
DID YOU KNOW?
- You can use your tablet or phone as an extended display from your computer? This enables you to control the text flow from the Studio Edition preview window on your laptop or desktop! We are not affiliated or in any way connected with these companies, just passing along information: Duet, Luna, Air Display from Avatron.
- When Apple releases Catalina/iOS 13 in fall of 2019, it will include a native screen extender from your Mac to an iPad or iPhone. Learn more about Apple Sidecar.
Teleprompter Pro ($8.99, Free Trial)
Teleprompter Pro is designed to produce scrolling text used by professional TV companies and movie producers. Teleprompter Pro is the most user friendly and feature rich teleprompter available in the Windows Store. Teleprompter Pro goes much further than standard teleprompters with inbuilt functionality to record your performance. It also includes advance features like dual screen and voice recognition control. All at a fraction of the cost of teleprompters with less functionality. Teleprompter Pro is ideal for video and podcast production. The software allows configurable scroll speed, text size and colours. You can also load and save scripts from standard text files. It can also be used for learning song lyrics. The scrolling text can also be mirrored and inverted for use with teleprompter hardware. The program also embeds your selected scroll speed and text size in the script file so you can save the file with different settings for different users or different project requirements. You can produce teleprompter hardware very cheaply or just put your display running Teleprompter Pro next to your camera to enable you to deliver professional quality speeches. The app also includes full webcam support so you can record your speech, podcast or singing directly in the app. Supports Logitech Presenter Wireless Controllers and other wireless controllers. Features: Adjustable text size, adjustable speed, auto save, embed settings into scripts, in-built help, support for wireless controllers, Invert and mirror text, in-built script editor, duration and time remaining, super smooth scrolling. 1 Day Free Trial so you can buy with confidence. Video Tutorial:
Imaginary Teleprompter (Free Download)
Imaginary Teleprompter is a great, free Teleprompter software. The features include: mirroring, dual-screen support, rich text editing, image support, custom styles, tablet mode, webcam mode, auto-save and accelerated graphics. Mirroring is extremely important to have when using a TelePrompter, because it flips the words to make it easier to read! Custom styles are great to have, because everyone has a reading preference. White letters on a black background doesn’t cut it for everyone!
CuePrompter.com (Online Teleprompter)
CuePrompter is a free teleprompter/autocue service. You don’t need to download anything, and there is no extra software needed because your browser works like a teleprompter. You can use it for commercial or non-commercial, and it is free for any use.
PromptDog (Free Trial, $67 to purchase)
PromptDog is an easy Teleprompter software. Do you want to buy expensive Teleprompting equipment? No? Well, that’s okay because PromptDog just needs a video camera, and a laptop. If you don’t want to use your laptop, a smartphone will work, too!
EasyPrompter is another great software. It is only $10 a month. EasyPrompter is great, because it gives you a tutorial on how to use the software. Also, it has a website designed around it. So, if you have any questions or want to know more about the product, you can easily navigate and discover different components.
QuickPrompt is a simple Teleprompter software for Windows that was designed to meet daily set requirements. A tablet might not be the best source, because this software was designed and developed with a Teleprompter-operator in mind.
Some features include:
- fluent speed control with mouse wheel or trackpad.
- On the fly script and text size changes while prompting.
- Fast switch over from one script to the next.
- combine webcam with text while prompting.
- Internal text and webcam flipping. Horizontal and Vertical.